From the Chalet door to the Navette
Skiers click into their skis via the ski room exit, and slide down the field to the bus-stop.
Non-skiers can either use snow shoes on this direct line, or walk on the road from the back terrace of the chalet, which is 100m in total.
Without the car all the week
We never use the car because we like the adventure of skiing back to the door, but for non-skiers the last bus is around 19.30, so it is possible to enjoy Après-ski in Hauteluce or Les Saisies, before heading back to the door. Then bunk down, and enjoy the chalet comforts when the night gets really cold.
You do not need to ski to enjoy the mountains in winter.
Winter Hikes in Les Saisies.
Non-skiers can jump on the Navette, and simply stay on, when skiing friends get off to take the Hauteluce Telesiege to Les Saisies.
You cannot fail to enjoy the views of Mont Blanc whilst meandering up the good mountain road to Les Saisies.
Six marked and groomed trails are available on arriving in Les Saisies. The detailed Map is on sale at the Tourist Office.
Two chairlifts are accessible to pedestrians: the Bisanne chairlift & Chard du Beurre chairlift.
Discover the mountain differently on more than 85 km of routes & trails between Hauteluce and Les Saisies ...
About 20 km of trails
6 groomed and marked trails
About 65 km of trails
12 marked trails, ungroomed
On our doorstep!
At the discovery of the hamlets of Hauteluce: new loop (No. 18 on the map) to discover the charms of the valley of Hauteluce from the village through Annuit, Grangettes, Les Granges, St Sauveur ... From 3h30 to 4h of walking following the route taken.
Orientation & ease of access:
The pedestrian / snowshoeing plan is on sale at € 2.80 at the Tourist Office (Ecomusée)
Free shuttles are at your disposal to go to the departures of trails of Col des Saisies
Can you send me as soon as possible a detailed estimate and some details on:
* Altitude of the chalet: 1250m. Chalet Very Joly is in the micro-climate of Mont Blanc, which consistently attracts higher than average annual snowfalls.
* Shops nearby (bakery ....) By road: 4km Hauteluce. We have a freezer to enable the purchase of fresh bread, and having it in house ready for use. We provide a microwave for defrosting back to fresh. 11km to Les Saisies. 15km to Beaufort.
* Number of places and access to private parking if snowfall. There is no risk of snowfall. The parking is off-road at the entrance of the chalet.
* Distance and access to the ski slopes. By free Shuttle, passing hourly in both directions, or by self drive.
To Hauteluce: 15 minutes by shuttle
To Les Saisies: 25 minutes by shuttle, or self-drive to free parking
* Distance to foreclosures or other stations.
By road: 11km to Les Saisies, 4km to Hauteluce, 1.9 km to Les Contamines, 20 km to Areches-Beaufort, 30 km to Megeve.
By Ski Lifts: Escape Mont Blanc via Les Contamines, Espace Diamant, via Hauteluce and Les Saisies.